AdventurePro's Australia and New Zealand Outdoor Adventure Guide
THE GUIDE   JOBS   TOURS
COURSES   NEWS   EVENTS
Introducing The AdventurePro Video Festival 2014...
Spacer

Acceptance Mark
MasterCard Visa

AdventurePro - Google+Follow us on TwitterFind us on Facebook®AdventureProVideo's Channel on YouTubeAdventureProVideo on Vimeo Bookmark and Share

Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Haka Tours gives you the experience of a lifetime --- When you travel around New Zealand with us, you get so much more than a bus pass!
  ... 'For Sale' Rules & Guidelines -- PLEASE Read Before Advertising or Commenting!
  HomeHelpSearchLogin Terms of Service Register...  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MTB Lights (Read 9,399 times)
sid
AP Forums Junior Member

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Warrandyte
MTB Lights
Oct 17th, 2007 at 1:44am

Hey, need some advice.
Wanting to spend less than AUS$150 on a light for some night trail riding, if anyone has any suggestions.
Has anyone used a Princeton Tec Yukon Extreme bike light?
I own Princeton tec head lamps which I know are good.
It's hard to know what to buy when you can only shop during daylight and you can't borrow their lamps to test at night
Cheers,

Sid
Grin

IP Logged

neb
AP Forums Full Member

I Love AP Forums!

Re: MTB Lights
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2007 at 7:48pm

Sid,  Don't buy a halogen head lamp! There are so many 3-5W LED head lamps out there that out perform halogens in every way.

PT have a 3w model called the APEX - $180 - 55m beam, 260gm, 70 hrs burn time!

Black Diamond have a 3w called the ICON  - $130 80m beam, 180 gm, 80 hrs burn time!

Both great... I use the BD ICON for MTB trails at night all the time and I love it!

IP Logged

sid
AP Forums Junior Member

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Warrandyte
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 5:38pm

Cheers Neb - I'll check out the Black Diamond, that's within my price range.

BTW, where do you ride at night - are you in VIC?  Maybe see you on a trail somewhere....

Sid
Smiley

IP Logged

TheDustyBin
AP Forums Full Member

Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 11:04am

I ended up importing a light from China. It was about $60 including shipping, a charger and 2 batteries. I also was able to find a mount that fits my helmet or my bike. The light is as bright as your $400 lights that are out there. I have even order a second one so that i can have one on my helmet and one on my bars. You get 3 hours burn time with each battery and it is all in the one unit. Here is the link if you are interested.

http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/xtar-1x18650-swat-tactical-cree-flashlightfcxta...

IP Logged

soulboater
AP Forums Newbie

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 9:42pm

Also bought one of these lights from China + charger +batteries. Very impressed!

Soulboater

IP Logged

belongil
AP Forums Newbie

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 10:22pm

Check out these aussie lights!  Ay-Up! is the brand and I think you can get a single pair for about $130.
They are amazing- Li Ion batteries, fast charger, waterproof and bright- unfortunately their site is down at the mo, but check the reviews-cd

IP Logged

TheDustyBin
AP Forums Full Member

Reply #6 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 8:26pm

I have a few lights for sale if anyone is interested. $80 for a light (150lumen) batteries, charger and helmet or bar mount. Or for $110 a 220 lumen light. They will be much better than any head torch...
Email me dustindever@gmail.com

IP Logged

CantRollCantThrow
AP Forums Newbie

I Love AP Forums!

Reply #7 - Oct 22nd, 2012 at 7:25pm

Ayups are definitely the go if you can get about $220 together.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

adventure guide | outdoor jobs | adventure tours | recreation courses | outdoor adventure news | events calendarbook shop |  forums
advertising | add a site | update a site | contact us | paddle australia | privacy statement | secure payments

AdventurePro Australia & New Zealand proudly supports the following advertisers...

Copyright © 1999- Adventure Professional Publications. All rights reserved.