Rafting Safety TalkWorking in Australia and New Zealand for Internationals

Australia & New Zealand offers exciting employment opportunities for overseas outdoor recreation guides, instructors and educators.

There are opportunities in many sectors of the outdoor industry including Adventure Travel, Outdoor Education, Education & Training, Outdoor Recreation, Outdoor Equipment Sales and Adventure Racing Events.

Sea KayakingAdventure Travel Guide positions range from Whale Watching to Bushwalking.

Outdoor Educators can work at Campsites and on Multi-Day Wilderness Expeditions.

Outdoor Activity Instructors can find positions training outdoor activities from Mountaineering to Mountain Biking.

There are many Outdoor Adventure Activities conducted across Australia and New Zealand including (but not limited to) - Ballooning, Canoeing, Canyoning, Caving, Climbing, Cycling / MTB, SCUBA Diving / Snorkelling,  Fishing, Hiking / Bushwalking, Horse Riding, Kayaking, Rafting, Rogaining, Sailing, Sea Kayaking, Skydiving, Stand Up Paddling, Surfing and Snow Sports.

BushwalkingWorking in Australia

To apply for an Outdoor Instructor / Guide position as an international, you must be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa.

The Australian Government provides internationals under the age of 30 from certain countries the opportunity to work in Australia to subsidise travel within Australia. Working Holiday Visa holders are permitted to do any kind of work while in Australia, for up to six months with each employer.

To find out if you are eligible for an Australian Working Holiday Visa, please see the visa information provided by the Australian Government.

Working Holiday Visa --- www.immi.gov.au

Working in New Zealand

MountaineeringIf you are a tour guide, leader and you will be working while you are in New Zealand, you will need to apply for a Specific Purpose Work Visa before you arrive. 

To apply for an Outdoor Instructor / Guides position as an international, you must be eligible for a New Zealand Specific Purpose Work Visa, please see the visa information provided by Immigration New Zealand.

Working temporarily in New Zealand --- www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/worktemporarily

Specific Purpose Work Visa --- www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/worktemporarily/howdoiapply/specificpurposeorevent

We hope this information assists your quest for exciting Outdoor Adventure employment in the Australian and New Zealand outdoors adventure industry.

To view current outdoor recreation job vacancies, please visit AdventurePro's Australia & New Zealand Outdoor Adventure Jobs at...


AdventurePro --- 05/06/2015