AdventurePro's Australia and New Zealand Outdoor Adventure Guide
THE GUIDE   JOBS   TOURS
COURSES   NEWS  
One Planet - Rain wear, gaiters, tents, packs and sleeping bags!
Spacer

PayPal Logo MasterCard Visa

AdventurePro - Google+Follow us on TwitterFind us on Facebook®AdventureProVideo's Channel on YouTubeAdventureProVideo on Vimeo Bookmark and Share

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Just logged on! Information if you want? (Read 4,257 times)
AARON_Hemmerle

Just logged on! Information if you want?
Mar 9th, 2004 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Well I have been hearing recently about this website, and thought tonight i might do the geeky thing and jump online and check it out.
I am most impressed, I have known about other international sites similar and always thought that it would be a great resource for Australian paddling. Boaters in Aus have so much knowledge to share, and i believe due to geographical distances this has been difficult in the past.
So i am stoked to see an active message board in Aus.

So in the notion of sharing knowledge, i believe i have some good insights into the boating world. If your keen to ask any Q's from equipment to destination, i may be able to help.
I know some Melbourne dudes are curious about details of Norway, if your keen for some info about this, just ask. 
I have boated in Norway, Nepal, Japan, Central Western Europe, NZ, Canada.
I am not saying I am the Guru to these destinations, not at all, but am keen to help anybody with a desire to travel with Kayak on shoulder.
As fro knowledge i want, I have not done enough boating here at home in Aus, I am keen for some good info on the phatest creek in Aus? Possably some insights into FNQ or NT or Northern WA( besides Fitzroy), Also Taswegians i am keen to get down there! Any info on your best backyards?
Az
Aaron

IP Logged

Swim Spotter

Re: Just logged on! Information if you want?
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2004 at 5:50am
Print Post  
Is it true you Swam at the Wairoa race or was it a different person ?

My question is do you recomend the c -c or the sweep roll ? Why do you have to keep your feet up when swimming is it to avoid keeping your secret stash in your shoe from getting wet ?

Swim Spotter
Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Cheesy Wink

IP Logged

Baby_Sarah

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2004 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Hey Aaron,

There are a couple of boaters planning a Norway trip mid-year this year. I´m doing some of their organising from the Swedish end. The main question at the moment is car hire.... where can you hire cars cheaply or is it better to buy a seond hand volvo - do you know anything about this?
I´m sure they´ll have some more specific boating questions later - and they can probably tell you about creeks in Vic as well.
cheers

IP Logged

hairy_boater

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2004 at 1:03am
Print Post  
hey Aaron,

i'm one of the melbourne dudes who's interested in norway... at the moment there are two things that we're contempating:

1. car - any insights? is it better to buy a crapbox or hire [a crapbox]?

2. boat - I havent really looked in to it with the airline [singapore airlines] so i can't really say if we'll have any luck bringing boats back, but is it better to buy new [with a view to bringing it back to oz] or 2nd hand? in NZ there is this for-sale forum on rivers.org.nz that was a great help when we went to the sth island, is there any similar setup for norway?

other than that i think we've got it sorted [ie. its going to cost $$$$$$] though if you have any 'how to make it cheaper' tips, that would be well appreciated!

If you're into playboating, i'd suggest an exploratory trip to NT in the wet season. Whilst there is not much in the creeking department, there are a number of easyish high volume runs [gr 2-3 +crocodiles] that would yield good things.

oh yeah, the best creeking is in victoria!

cheerio

Tim

IP Logged

Baby_Sarah

Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2004 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Hey hairy boy,
I´m going to email the Bliss stick guy here and find out how much a new huka would be - just to get an idea for you. I don´t see much of a second hand market in creekers here, but the Sjoa center - link on Loki - might have some info - try their "kontakta oss" link for an email address or something. I think they are the Norge equivilant of the NZ kayak school. There´s one second hand CFS here at the mo, for 6000 skr which is about $1100 !!

IP Logged

Baby_Sarah

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2004 at 11:48am
Print Post  
p.s timmy you can also try posting Qs on http://www.forspaddling.com/ in the forum - just post in english, it´s the swedish version of this message board - there´s a buy and sell section too.

IP Logged

boz

Bliss Stick Huka
Reply #6 - Mar 19th, 2004 at 9:23am
Print Post  
A new Huka in ox retails for $1450, not sure about o/s

- boz

IP Logged

Baby_Sarah

Reply #7 - Mar 19th, 2004 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
new huka here in sweden is more like 9800 swedish kronor, or $1,750 at the current exchange rate... makes sense thoug when they are coming from NZ
which means if one were to bring a creeker here and sell it after the paddling, it should be possible to get a reasonable price.... something to think about the airline is charging a fortune for carrying boats i guess.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top   

adventure guide | outdoor jobs | adventure tours | recreation courses | outdoor adventure news| video festival
forums | advertising | add a site | update a site | contact us | paddle australia | privacy statement | secure payments

AdventurePro Australia & New Zealand proudly supports the following advertisers...

Copyright © 1999 - Adventure Professional Publications. All rights reserved.
Secured by RapidSSL