AdventurePro's Australia and New Zealand Outdoor Adventure Guide
THE GUIDE   JOBS   TOURS
COURSES   NEWS  
One Planet - Rain wear, gaiters, tents, packs and sleeping bags!
Spacer

PayPal Logo MasterCard Visa

AdventurePro - Google+Follow us on TwitterFind us on Facebook®AdventureProVideo's Channel on YouTubeAdventureProVideo on Vimeo Bookmark and Share

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic west kiewa (Read 2,653 times)
ac

west kiewa
Sep 22nd, 2004 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Hi all

Looking to connect up with more paddlers this season to paddle more often!

Paddled the west kiewa last Sat (18th), dungey tk to the diversion.  Level was 0.85, comfortable level without too much push.  Probably my favourite in Vic so far!

If anyone is keen and available, im looking to do it again on Sat 25th or Mon 27th.  I suspect the level will stay up there, but if anyone knows more about the fluctuations please educate us all!

Also looking to do the Cobungra, Lower east kiewa, sevens ck when the levels are right.

Sling me an email or message.  Happy paddling.
Cheers AC

IP Logged

Lachie

Re: west kiewa
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2004 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Hi AC
I having been looking for someone to paddle the same rivers with.
My e-mail is lachie@playboating.com.au and my mobile is 0407267415. I am busy on the 25th but I am up for a another time. Just give me call when your next planning to go out.
Cheers
Lachie C

IP Logged

hairy_boater

Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2004 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
i doubt the level will be good at the moment - it hasnt rained for over a week...

if you're interested you can get hydrological data from that gauge at this website http://www.vicwaterdata.net its not realtime but is useful for working out how long the water hangs around once it goes up etc.

may run this weekend with the rain, but who knows...

rain forecast for next week so friends of the mitta should have some water....

theres still a crapload of snow up on the hills, so i think we should have some really good water over the next couple of months

cheerio

timmy

IP Logged

sime (Guest)

Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2004 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
G'day AC,
T and I will be up that way on the weekend give us a call and tell us where your at we don't know what we will do yet, you probably don't have our number so ...0427220302

cheers simon C

IP Logged

El_Nino

Reply #4 - Sep 23rd, 2004 at 1:32am
Print Post  
FYI a team Loki contingent will be heading up to the Kiewa's this weekend hoping for some snowmelt!  We'll be camping at the Diversion on the West on friday night and probably the Mt Beauty campground sat night (to enable us to stumble home post grand final!) and paddling both days, whatever sections are going.  Guess we might see you in the area, or if you want to hook up call/sms/email me.  Possible we won't have a shuttle vehicle this w/e so could work out well for everyone!

Cheers

Dave
0401 136 198

IP Logged

Jezmonkey

Reply #5 - Sep 23rd, 2004 at 8:41am
Print Post  
G'day AC,

Myself and Woody live up here in Albury.  Always keen to meet new paddlers.  Either of us usually up for a paddle if the level's good on the weekend (stupid 9-5 jobs!).  Am busy on the 25th, but keep it in mind.  Ph 0401 336 777

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top   

adventure guide | outdoor jobs | adventure tours | recreation courses | outdoor adventure news| video festival
forums | advertising | add a site | update a site | contact us | paddle australia | privacy statement | secure payments

AdventurePro Australia & New Zealand proudly supports the following advertisers...

Copyright © 1999 - Adventure Professional Publications. All rights reserved.
Secured by RapidSSL