AdventurePro's Australia and New Zealand Outdoor Adventure Guide
THE GUIDE   JOBS   TOURS
COURSES   NEWS  
One Planet - Rain wear, gaiters, tents, packs and sleeping bags!
Spacer

PayPal Logo MasterCard Visa

AdventurePro - Google+Follow us on TwitterFind us on Facebook®AdventureProVideo's Channel on YouTubeAdventureProVideo on Vimeo Bookmark and Share

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 20 Replies) What is MUY????? (Read 9,297 times)
#$%^

Re: What is MUY?????
Reply #15 - Apr 17th, 2005 at 7:52am
Print Post  
"team members lachie russ and jake are the three highest ranked freestyle boater in the country "

I believe the Australian Nationals were just recently held and as russ didnt compete therefore he's now not ranked in the top 3 for the country. 1st Jake Farragher, 2ND LIAM CORR, 3rd Lachie Carracher..

IP Logged

terryc

Reply #16 - Apr 17th, 2005 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Yes I have no doubt that you guys are really great paddlers and good on you for setting up your team.

I would be intrested to hear how many people were at the Australian Champs?
How many people have to compete in a sport for it to be a sport. I have seven people in my family which is almost as many people turning up at events.  I understand that you want promote your selves to your sponsors as  Australian champions and get free stuff  but if there are only a few people competeing can you honestly take pride in calling your self the Austalian Champion.

Lets work at getting an awesome paddling festival happening and gettting at least 20 people at an event and makeig it fun for everyone before we call ourselves champions.  Playboating really needs some energy form you guys to promote the sport before you start promotong your selves.

Terry

IP Logged

@#$% back

Reply #17 - Apr 17th, 2005 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Nationals were just held, but like slalom dont hold too much credit at all. For competitors the real standings are in the Australian team selections where Jake, Russ and Lachie stand as the top 3 juniours.

Being on the Australian team then lets you compete at international level in the worlds. This means that although russ didnt get to compete in the nationals this year he still holds not only an Australian team placing but a world ranking as well.

Not meaning to take anything from the nationals competitors ofcourse (cause im sure they know what im talking about) but just trying to explain what the guys from MUY may have been meaning.

IP Logged

Yappa

Reply #18 - Apr 17th, 2005 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Hey there TerryC,

If your interested theres going to be a great freestyle (at the surf) event down here in victoria on Saturday 30th April. Its hardly going to be of 'festival' size but its all about people getting together and having fun, which is a start Smiley.

I totally agree that this sport needs to have a few more fun events out there, and maybe simply more events/festivals/shin-digs in general. So yea if your interested spread the word and come on down for it, should be alotta fun.

You can email me for more information, or look further down in the posts theres an announcment about it Smiley.

Hopefully see you there,

- Anthony

IP Logged

NQ_paddler

Reply #19 - Apr 18th, 2005 at 12:37am
Print Post  
When I said "it would be great to raise the bar in rodeo" I meant the quality and quantity of moves.
The point was raised only seven competitors makes for a hollow victory, this is true. The fact that competitions are rarely held out of Penrith is true also.
You may have jnrs in one, two and three spots but compare thier scores against snr K1 and they would not look so great. These are the people they will strive to beat in only a few years time and they are no where near it.
Get off your high horse of, we are no 1, 2 and 3 in Aust and smell the roses. The jnrs are not that good and need support and coaching, not yes men and hollow titles.

IP Logged

boz

Reply #20 - Apr 18th, 2005 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Until more people show up to try and take the title off them those who placed well at the recent Nationals are more than welcome to label themselves as such.  The fact is they were the best paddlers on the day at the nationals, and if they were sponsored then their sponsors would be happy because they were out there paddling and doing well.

Just beacuse you didn't make the effort to go to the nationals gives you no right to take away from those who did.  Think they don't deserve it? 

Go to the next one and beat them.

- Sean

IP Logged

Yappa.

Reply #21 - Apr 18th, 2005 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Now lets give these guys a break.

I've paddled with all of these juniors since they all first started out in freestyle. They're all genuine guys that have worked damn hard at their boating to get where they are.

And having seen the international standard of juniours I'd say these guys are doing damn well, esspecially for not having the coaching facilities you speak of.

Move wise, what can i say, these guys are learning quick, and put in the effort and time to train.

I totally agree that proffessional coaching would go along way for this sport, but getting funding and support is hard.

So before slagging them off anymore lets look at what MUY is.

They're simply a bunch on talented junior paddlers trying to get their names out there and trying to have a bit of fun.

- Yappa

IP Logged

hairy_boater

Reply #22 - Apr 19th, 2005 at 6:34am
Print Post  
this whole thread is a paradox

they are called 'mis understood yooth' yet people are trying to understand them...?

IP Logged

Lachie

Reply #23 - Apr 20th, 2005 at 2:57am
Print Post  
hey all,
thanks to those guys like sean and yap for standing up for us. I understand that the first few post were not aimed at us as paddlers but at the whole "what is MUY" thing and thats fine i can deal with that. to be honest i am sick of people that have no idea what they are talking about giving something that they dont understand crap. i dont no why you would do it but that is not the point.
NQ paddler your right the jnrs are not even cloes to the mens standard and MUY paddlers are low compared to them
THAT WHY MUY TEAM PADDLER JAKE FARRAGHER WON THE MENS CLASS BETTING ANTHONY YAP WHO HAS BEEN ON THE AUS TEAM FOR A FEW YEARS AND IS MULTIPLY NATIONAL CHAMP!!
guys if think we are crap boaters then good on you but dont have a go about us on a national message board. email me PLEASE i would love to hear from you and talk about it. my e-mail is lachstar1@hotmail.com, russ's is rusty_was@hotmail.com, jakes is wakeupjake@hotmail.com and joel the canadian national champions e-mail is ottowakayaker@hotmail.com
i cant wait for your e-mail
the web site is almost finsihed so i think that will put people like NQ_paddler back in your place
Hope you guys can seethe MUY crew on rivers world wide so we can show you what we can do.
untill then
shut up and go boating
cheers
Lachie

IP Logged

NQ_paddler

Reply #24 - Apr 20th, 2005 at 3:55am
Print Post  
hey Guys
I was never negative to the MUY idea and think it is a very positive step for the sport, good on the guys for putting together the team, spending alot of thier own time and money to promote the sport.
I do understand what you are trying to do, I hate people who get caught in thier own precious world and cant take views from outside thier cocoon. I provided feedback to give you more ideas not to have a go at you.
I saw the worlds on TV and did not see Aust paddlers giving it to EJ in the final.  
I did not say you were crap boaters, you are the best Aust has and it would be great to see you improve.
I will email you. My aim was to provide feed back from an outsiders point of view

untill then
shut up and go boating on real rivers to gain perspective

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top   

adventure guide | outdoor jobs | adventure tours | recreation courses | outdoor adventure news| video festival
forums | advertising | add a site | update a site | contact us | paddle australia | privacy statement | secure payments

AdventurePro Australia & New Zealand proudly supports the following advertisers...

Copyright © 1999 - Adventure Professional Publications. All rights reserved.
Secured by RapidSSL