Southbound Adventures is excited to announce a new permanent opportunity for you to join our team as a 0.8 Program Director in Season 1 2019 and beyond. Come and join our adventurous, passionate and driven team to inspire students in some of Australia’s most breathtaking locations. No two days will be the same. From paddling our big canoes on the stunning Myall Lakes to hiking the Overland Track to Surfing and SUPing in the beautiful Killalea State Park.
Southbound Adventures fosters an atmosphere of mutual support and encouragement to ensure that all employees meet their full potential. We seek to provide a stimulating, diverse and meaningful environment in which team members can grow individually and interpersonally.
As a Program Director you will manage a small team of Outdoor Educators and effectively facilitate and deliver Outdoor Education Programs for students aged between 7-18. On any given day you will find yourself managing logistics, liaising with clients, mentoring team members, snapping shots of memorable moments or building trust with a student before they take the leap down the flying fox.
Applicants should display:
- Highly organised and motivated with ability to prioritise and manage work time efficiently
- An innovative, solutions focused problem solver
- A passion for working with young people in the outdoors
- Experience in team leadership
- An effective communicator with team members, teachers, parents, and students
- An ability to inspire students and other team members
- An ability to manage an Outdoor Education program
- An enthusiastic attitude to your life and work and a desire to achieve beyond your expectations
Applicants must hold a minimum of:
- Current driver’s license
- Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation or equivalent
- Canoeing, roping, and mountain biking qualifications are highly advantageous
- Wilderness First Aid and CPR
- Valid Working with Children Check and National Police Check
- Minimum 3 years working in the outdoor education industry
To Apply send through:
- Cover letter
- Resume, including two contactable work references
- Log book and qualifications