Tour Guides, Trekking Leaders and Support Staff
Walking Country was established in response to the growing demand by travellers for experiential walking based tours of Central Australia as well as the increased awareness of the now famous Larapinta Trail.
Operating from April until the end of September, Walking Country cater for those seeking an active based trekking and camping experience. The Larapinta Trail is 223kms long, along the backbone of the Western MacDonnell Ranges and is divided into 12 Sections. We run 5 to 14 day public tours and many private chartered treks.
About the role
We are looking for energetic, active and outgoing people to train as tour guides / trekking leaders and ground support staff.
Guides are a critical part of our business, delivering tours to our contracted trade partners and guests. Each group is different and we welcome visitors from all over the globe wanting to explore the culture, flora and fauna of the area.
We are looking for those that are well presented, have a genuine interest for the outdoors and active based travel who can quickly form relationships and relate to people from all walks of life.
We encourage those without prior experience to apply. Maybe you are sick of the 9-5, want to get out from behind the desk or have a passion in culture, flora and fauna. Full training will be provided to those demonstrating a willingness to learn, a passion for customer service and like to work outdoors independently looking after our varied client base.
Benefits and perks
- No two days are the same.
- Work in the great outdoors
- Year round guiding work available with relevant training supplied
Skills and experience
- You will be required to act as a driver/guide so an unrestricted drivers license is a must.
- Clean and tidy presentation.
- Strong ability to communicate with multiple nationalities and personalities.
- Excellent customer service and organisational skills.
- Basic mechanical knowledge desirable.
- Genuine interest in camping, 4 Wheel Driving, Aboriginal culture, flora and fauna.