Outward Bound Australia
Business Development Manager
Be part of something important.
Be part of something different.
Be Outward Bound.
"One thought has struck me over again. We only have our life one moment at a time. It's the way we answer the challenge of each moment, face the fear and live the joy and love possible in each moment that enables us to live each moment to the full. Only then can we really live our lives." - Outward Bound Participant
What is Outward Bound?
Outward Bound continues to be a pioneer of adventure education.
With more than 70 years of experience in organisational training (and 60 years in Australia this year) Outward Bound has become a leader in the outdoor education industry. Today, we are the largest organisation in the world that uses the outdoors as a medium for personal and team development.
Why is Outward Bound Australia exceptional?
Our world-renowned journey based courses use the outdoors as a medium to inspire Australians to reach their potential. We do this through:
- Developing capacities of mind, body and spirit to better understand one's responsibilities to self, others and community;
- Providing exciting and challenging experiences that involve uncertain outcomes and acceptable risks;
- Enabling an active expression of the value we place on our common humanity, our diversity and the natural world, a heartfelt caring connection to each other and the world around us, compassionate behaviours and a service ethic that encompass both giving and receiving;
- An educational process based on action and reflection with experiences intentionally designed, presented and reflected upon so as to instill value and promote skill mastery; and
- Connecting participants with their sense of integrity that results in choices and actions that have a positive impact on society and the environment.
Outward Bound Australia is part of a highly regarded network of outdoor educators. Our staff are exceptional individuals, kind, caring and compassionate. We provide flexible work routines and value life and work balances for all our staff.
Being the Outward Bound Australia Business Development Manager in the Sydney Region
The right person will;
- Be enthusiastic, driven and committed to the philosophy and values of Outward Bound Australia
- Quickly form positive working relationships to bring about win-win solutions
- Expand Outward Bound Australia's client and participant base
- Demonstrate outstanding sales and customer relationship skills
- Have a passion for personal development and outdoor education
- Have a thorough understanding of outdoor education curriculum, the Duke of Edinburgh Award and utilising the outdoors as a medium to deliver high impact outcomes
- Demonstrate exceptional public speaking skills and communicate with influence
- Think strategically, learning from history and embracing innovation
- Be an enthusiastic team member
- Be willing to travel on occasion
The position is based in our shared work space in Surry Hills.
- Proven sales, business development and marketing experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders externally and internally
- Driven, determined and focused on outcomes and solutions for both Outward Bound Australia and clients
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven time management skills including the ability to work to deadlines
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office.
- A passion for personal development and outdoor education
- Willingness to travel
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment
- A background in the outdoor education or adventure travel industry
Outward Bound Australia actively seeks diverse and creative individuals. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds with the experience and qualifications to apply. We recognise all people have more inside us than we know - and we want our employees to represent the communities in which we work, live and play.
Apply online https://outwardbound.prevueaps.com/jobs/88308.html