Head Chef - Catering Coordinator (Camp Munyang)
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
The YMCA Camp Manyung is a Recreation Camp located in Mt. Eliza on the Mornington Peninsula, 50 km South of Melbourne. Camp Manyung accommodates up to 160 people and operates all year, midweek and over weekends and school holidays.
The Camp is owned by the State Government of Victoria and managed by YMCA Victoria, under a 15 year lease that concludes in the year 2020. YMCA Victoria currently manages a group of 7 camps across Victoria in unique and diverse natural settings.
YMCA specialises in delivering recreational camping programs to primary and secondary school groups during the 40 weeks of the school terms and also provides camping experiences to a variety of diverse community, sporting/recreation and family groups during school holidays and on weekends.
Key Elements of the Role
The position requires the incumbent to be well-organised, committed to excellent customer service, have the ability to apply best practice as outlined in the camps Food Safety Plan and to ensure compliance with local government requirements and YMCA policies and procedures.
- Experience in leading an effective and cohesive staff team
- Good verbal communication skills, and ability to relate to people from all ages and backgrounds
- High focus on customer service
- A sound knowledge of Microsoft Office & basic overall computer literacy
- Ability to follow procedures as outlined in the Food Safety Plan
- A passion for producing quality, healthy and appetising meals with a creative flair
- A positive attitude and commitment to YMCA Camping
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the food service industry
- Tertiary qualifications in commercial catering or suitable experience
- Food Safety Supervisors certification (or higher)
- Full understanding of Food Safety Act and it's practical application and implementation
- Level 2 workplace First Aid & CPR
- First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
- Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and address the key selection criteria to Jim Boyle at email@example.com.