Bindaree Outdoor Education Services
Full Time Program Manager Position
Combine your passion for people, management and outdoor education and join Bindaree's growing and passionate team of outdoor professionals.
Bindaree is seeking an exceptional and experienced outdoor professional with proven management experience and high attention to detail to join our passionate, dynamic, fun and skilled team.
- Position breakdown:
- Approx. 60% Field based program management and group leadership
- Approx. 30% Office based program planning and management
- Approx. 10% Office based business management
- Start Date: July 1 2019
Bindaree Outdoor Education is a private company based in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs with a proud 29-year young history specializing and delivering quality outdoor education programing to school and corporate groups throughout Victoria.
Bindaree Outdoor Education works mainly with secondary schools to deliver sequential, progressive and educational outdoor camp programs. Bindaree Outdoor Education is regarded as an industry leader through our contributions towards the development of the Outdoor Education Industry in Victoria. Bindaree also owns and operates a residential campsite, Camp Toolangi, who services both primary and secondary school groups, and has a growing community and sporting group clientele base.
Collectively Bindaree strives to set the highest standards in areas of safety and professionalism as well as program and curriculum development and we are seeking an experienced outdoor Program Manager and office-based manager to join our team.
Bindaree is seeking a totally dedicated and experienced Program Manager able to demonstrate extensive skills in the following areas:
- A wide range of outdoor activity qualifications, experience and competencies.
- Extensive program planning and management experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in a wide range of Victorian regional areas.
- Business and team-oriented management experience.
- Extensive experience in program logistics.
- Excellent people skills and experience in managing field-based program teams.
- Extensive computer and reporting skills.
- A proven ability to self-manage their own time, priorities and outcomes.
- A proven record in activity and program safety, remote setting first aid, emergency responses and risk management.
- A proven record of record keeping, written reports, assessments and recommendations.
- Ability to be an integral part of a vibrant and diverse outdoor leadership team
This Program Management position will involve the following practical program-based services away from the Bayswater office (approx. 60%):
- To undertake the role of Program Manager on a range of allocated programs where you will direct and manage a team of Bindaree leaders, fully support all school-based staff, oversee all program logistics, activities and catering as well as overseeing program rationale, safety and the total wellbeing of all client participants.
- To work in partnership with client school staff to achieve a set of agreed educational outcomes.
- To oversee the Bindaree staffing team to ensure the safe and effective conduct of all aspects of each program.
- To oversee the delivery of a range of outdoor activities and services to enable each client school/group to fully achieve their stated program rationale and meet all expectations.
- To oversee the safety and well being of all participants – both Bindaree and client participants.
- To oversee that all outdoor regulations, ratios, risk management, procedures and policies are strictly enforced.
- To undertake the role of Group Leader and/or Specialist Activity Leader on a range of allocated programs where by you work under the direction of a Program Manager whilst overseeing the rationale, safety and wellbeing of all participants in those activities you are assigned.
This Program Management position will involve the following program planning and management-based tasks at the Bayswater office (30%):
- To undertake a schedule of pre-and post-program planning, management and assessment within each Program Manager role as allocated.
- To complete each allocated task schedule under the direction and assistance of the Bindaree Operations Manager.
- To complete all resource, catering, logistics, activity and external provider planning for each program.
- To oversee the effective communication and support of each client school/group to understand the key educational outcomes through the implementation of an individualised program creation.
- To work within the Bindaree team to review and implement outdoor experiences that fully reflect the highest company and industry standards of safety.
- To fully support and assist all groups within a school’s community - student, staff and parents, through information booklets, briefings and presentation sessions.
- Be fully responsible for the final planning and implementation of all program documentation, orders and logistics.
- To undertake work on the factory floor as required in relation to packing and returning of program resources, catering and equipment.
This program management position will involve the following management-based tasks at Bayswater (10%):
- To undertake a range of outdoor related management tasks that suit your experience and expertise.
- To undertake additional business management and office-oriented training with the expectation of taking on more senior management roles within the company into the future.
- To oversee the purchase, storage, maintenance and preparation of a specialised activity resource area.
- The development of new program opportunities within existing client and new client groups.
- To work closely with and support the Bindaree Outdoor Education, Camp Toolangi and Operation Managers.
- To support the Staffing, Risk and Resource Managers as required.
- To become part of the Program Contact Recorder team once inducted and ready to do so.
This program management role is a Full-Time position with a generous remuneration rate, employment and leave conditions.
Bindaree Outdoor Education Services is committed to safeguarding children and young people and all applicants must comply with to our child safe protection policies and recruitment process. We are an equal opportunity employer and applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
For an Application Form please send your ‘Expression of Interest’ to the Bindaree Outdoor Education Manager, Samuel Atkins at firstname.lastname@example.org. All completed application forms must be completed and returned by 5pm on Sunday 28 April 2019.