At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
Howmans Gap Alpine Centre is a group accommodation/program venue (camp), located 4km from Falls Creek Resort in North East Victoria. Howmans Gap can accommodate up to 208 people and operates all year round. The camp delivers residential outdoor education programs to primary and secondary school groups during school terms and camping experiences to variety of community, sporting/recreation, family and cultural groups during school holidays and weekends. It also offers accommodation to families and independent travellers during the winter months and special events.
Key Elements of the Role
The Administration Officer role will undertake duties required to ensure the office and associated administration functions are carried out effectively and efficiently. You will take responsibility for the processing of general camp administration, payroll and accounts.
Importantly, the administration officer will demonstrate high levels of customer service and be committed to the YMCA core values of honesty, respect, responsibility and caring in dealings with all clients and fellow staff.
Capabilities and Behaviors
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values, Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility
- Demonstrates motivation and commitment to perform to their best
- Accepts personal accountability for workplace actions and consequences
- Ability to apply initiative and to work unsupervised
- Team oriented approach to the workplace
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- High level organisational and administrative skills
Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding of windows applications including, but not limited to, Word and Excel
- Previous experience in the administration of office systems
- Organisation and planning skills with a great attention to detail
- Accepts, interprets and applies instructions and directions from supervisors
- Interacts with patrons in a positive and welcoming manner and is able to provide clear verbal instructions that are understood and implemented
- Tertiary Qualification in Outdoor Education/Recreation or similar disciplines (Desired)
- Current Driver's Licence
- Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close April 28 2019.