Outward Bound Australia
Health, Safety & Risk Manager
Outward Bound Australia is seeking an outstanding candidate to take the compelling Health, Safety & Risk Manager role to be based in the ACT. Be a part of an organisation that is growing and achieving amazing outcomes for young people and adults.
Outward Bound Australia deliver challenging outdoor experiences and exhilarating personal development courses that take people on a journey of self-discovery, giving them the opportunity to test their boundaries, gain confidence and build resilience.
The Heath, Safety & Risk Manager is responsible for the design, development and monitoring of OBA safety protocols and safety delivery standards across the organisation to ensure both the ongoing safe delivery of programs and a safe workplace minimising risk to health.
The role will maintain oversight and reporting of general organisational workplace health and safety as well as operational safety standards as set out in OBA risk management policies and procedures.
The successful person must be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation for the core values and work of Outward Bound Australia;
- Ensure that the safety of program participants, OBA staff and volunteers is OBA's highest priority;
- Act in accordance with the established procedures in emergency situations;
- Ensure knowledge of and compliance with all relevant workplace health and safety legislation and standards; and all relevant Outward Bound risk management and workplace health and safety policies and procedures;
- Maintain current knowledge of Australian and International standards applying to safety and risk management in Outdoor Education/Activities;
- Maintain a 24-hour on-call, On Call Manager System that ensures effective and timely communication of incidents that have occurred across the entire organisation
- Other duties and projects as may be defined by the Director of Program and Learning.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a health, safety, risk management professional who has:
- Passion about the Mission, Purpose and Values of Outward Bound Australia;
- A deep passion for keeping people safe, a love of adventure and personal growth and desire to help more deserving people experience a life changing Outward Bound program;
- Confidence in operating independently and travel from time to time;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Tertiary qualifications in outdoor education, project management, safety and risk management, business or other;
- Understanding of safety systems, processes and relevant legislation, regulations and standards;
- Communication, literacy, report writing, presentation/public speaking, instructing/facilitating;
- Initiative, energy, creativity and enthusiasm for positive and meaningful change.
If you are this type of person and you have a passion for being part of something truly life changing, please apply online at: