Operations Director (Anglesea Recreation Camp)
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
YMCA Anglesea Recreation Camp is a year round facility offering accommodation, catering and facilitated outdoor activity experiences for schools and diverse community groups.
Key Elements of the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for a 'hands on' and motivated senior staff member to join our team in the position of Operations Director. We are looking for an experienced person to help facilitate and manage the day to day operations of our campsite. Reporting to the Camp Manager and managing a diverse team, applicants will need to be problem solving, self-starters, who enjoy interacting with a range of clients.
- Business development and associated functions including marketing, client / customer service, financial management, human resource management, risk management, and report writing.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to relate to staff and clients from diverse backgrounds;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Problem solving skills and a proven capacity for planning, implementing and completing a large project;
- Professionalism and integrity;
- Enthusiastic and highly passionate about the role of residential camping to build strong people, families and communities;
- Outdoor education or recreational program planning and program facilitation skills.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
- Understanding of windows applications including, Access, Word, Excel;
- Camp Program design and delivery experience.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience in leading staff teams;
- Previous held a leadership position in a outdoor recreational / educational or tourism industry;
- Previous experience in administration, planning programs and staff logistics.
- Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement).
- Tertiary qualifications in Outdoor Recreation/Education or Tourism an or similar degree/workplace experience highly regarded
- Current driver's licence
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information.
Please apply with your CV, cover letter and address the key selection criteria to Jason Stewart at email@example.com. Applications close June 28 2019.